Sunday, August 2, 2009

Cherishing Normalcy

I have felt so good these last couple days that I actually feel normal, and I have to say I have never been so happy just to feel normal.

Yesterday morning I took the car to get detailed (four years of transporting kids has turned it into a germ-fest - not good when you only have 100 white blood cells), and they said it would take 3-4 hours. Keith had just left on a walk with the kids, so I knew he wasn't available to come pick me up, so I decided to just walk home. It took me almost an hour to get home, but it felt great just to have the energy to walk! However, my feet weren't too happy with my decision to wear flip-flops.

Today I went to church and taught my sweet 10-year-old girls, and I told them that my hair was going to fall out, and that I would probably have a wig or scarf on the next time they saw me. My companion, Sis. Godfrey, told them that if they got out of line I would take it off and chase them around the room. I attested to the girls the reality of this threat, so I have a feeling they'll be on their best behavior.

After church, we were really bored and Keith and I ended up getting in a water fight (I know, not an appropriate Sabbath day activity, but it started small and sort of got out of hand). I regret to say that I lost. No, lost isn't quite the right word. Keith pretty much annihilated me with the garden hose. I managed to dump one large cup of water on Keith's shirt, and by the time the war was over, I was drenched from head to toe. It's not over yet though! Keith, you better watch your back!

So, it's nice to see that life is still normal, even if it is a new kind of normal. I know I'm going to have ups and downs over the coming months, but I will cherish the ups more than ever before.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my Heavens! Graham is a miniature Keith. How could he possibly get any cuter. Sarah, your blogs make me really think about how strong you are and how good it is to have the gospel to help us make everything easier, enough to be happy in the middle of a trial. I love you!
    Linda Beard

    ReplyDelete