Tuesday, September 8, 2009

4 Down, 4 to Go

I just wanted to thank everyone for their encouragement and kind words. It gives me extra strength to know that so many people are praying for me and cheering me on. I've been feeling quite brave this week, though I still don't claim it as my own - I know that I am being carried through this by my Savior and his atonement. As Jeffrey R. Holland stated in his article in the most recent Ensign,

"After speaking of sufferings so exquisite to feel and so hard to bear, Jesus said, “I, God, have suffered these things for all, that they [and that means you and I and everyone] might not suffer if they would repent” (D&C 19:16). In our moments of pain and trial, I guess we would shudder to think it could be worse, but without the Atonement it not only could be worse, it would be worse. Only through our faith and repentance and obedience to the gospel that provided the sacred Atonement is it kept from being worse."

I know that without the Atonement, my suffering would be so much worse. I am eternally grateful to a Savior who loves me enough to take the burdens of my trials from my shoulders.

I am also happy to report that I am halfway done with my chemo treatments. And the last four treatments are a different drug (called Taxol) that my doctor says *most* people have an easier time with. He says it doesn't cause as much nausea and fatigue, just achiness and maybe some bone pain. But I am starting to see the light at the end of the chemo tunnel. I know I will get through this!

2 comments:

  1. Yes! Yes you will get through this! We are so blessed to have the knowledge of the Savior and His atonement. Half way done, yeah!!! Girl, you are doing awesome. Keep your head up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just hearing the phrase "bone pain" from my Dr would make me want to break down. You were actually able to type it! You are amazing. I want to come and see you. I'll call.

    ReplyDelete