Thursday, February 18, 2010

Surgery Update

I had surgery on 2/16, and am now in the hospital recovering. Everything went well, but I'm on lots of painkillers. I miss my little boys more than anything. My sister-in-law helped them make me a huge valentine with their little hand prints all over it and hearts with cute things written on them that they told her to write. My favorite ones say "We are a happy family" (Liam), "Come home soon," (Jonas), and "I like you," (Graham). Whenever I talk to Jonas on the phone, he asks, "Are you looking at your valentine?" I tell him I am and how much I love it. I love my sweet boys!

Keith stayed here with me the first night, and my dad stayed here with me last night. Keith's work sent me some pretty white flowers, and the young men in our ward stopped by last night with the leaders and gave me some candy. It seriously made me cry. I thought about my little boys and how wonderful it will be to see them grow up into young men.

My red blood cell count was really low yesterday, and the doctor told me I might need a transfusion today if it didn't start coming back up. Luckily, it started coming back up!

I should be able to come home tomorrow or Saturday. If this post seems random, it's because it is. I have no editing capabilities right now!

I'll write more when I'm not so out of it - just wanted to let everyone know I'm doing okay.

2 comments:

  1. Surgery is always tough. Hang in there. Still thinking and praying for you.

    ReplyDelete