Sunday, December 13, 2009

Surgery

The surgery went well. The general surgeon did not find any remaining evidence of cancer when he did the mastectomy, so it looks like the chemo did its job. They were able to spare a lot of skin and fill up the skin expanders quite a bit, so I am in A LOT of pain. Percocet takes the edge off, but I have no idea why some women have breast surgery voluntarily! It hurts! Badly!

I stayed one night in the hospital and I am now at home recovering. We're receiving a lot of help from family and friends. I will write more later when I'm feeling a little better; I just wanted everyone to know that I am okay.

5 comments:

  1. Glad to read this...hang in there. I imagine it is VERY painful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job keeping on keepin' on! I love how you are still you in the midst of all of this. Best wishes for a speedy recovery. -Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad to hear that everything is going well...well as well as it should I guess. I've missed your last few posts because I wasn't online when my husband was home. Reading about you ringing the bell made me cry. I so amazed at the strength that you have shown.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am SO happy to hear that they couldn't find any cancer and they were able to save a lot of skin. And I'm super sad to hear that breast surgery hurts. Dang. ;)

    You are amazing! I can't wait to see you again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are amazing! I'm so happy for the doctor's report of no other cancer found. As a person that has had breast reduction surgery, I understand the pain. Sleeping really sucked. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete