Sunday, December 20, 2009

Pathology and HAIR!

I have two pieces of good news:

1) My pathology report came back from the surgery, and all the lymph nodes and breast tissue they removed were totally clean! No sign of cancer, not even under a microscope!

2) My hair is starting to grow back! It's only been five weeks since my last treatment, but I looked in the mirror last night and was surprised to see peach fuzz all over my head. I actually started crying. And couldn't stop crying. I just kept touching my head and saying, "Really? Really?" while tears streamed down my face. I didn't realize what a healing effect it would have to see my body doing something normal like growing hair, and to get back something that chemo took away from me.

I am slowly healing from surgery - each day gets easier and easier. I still have four drains in, and I remind myself of a borg when I look in the mirror with all the tubes coming out of my body. They should come out sometime before New Years. And I'm not supposed to pick up Graham or anything over 10 lbs for 4 weeks, but I'll probably have to break that rule at some point out of necessity. Don't worry, I'll break it very carefully.

Keith took our 3 little boys down to St. George this weekend while I stayed with my parents up here. It was a really nice break and I spent the whole time sleeping, reading, and watching movies. Oh, and wrapping the ridiculous number of presents my mom bought for her grandchildren. I am so excited for Christmas! I am so happy to be alive, to have the privilege of raising my sweet little boys, and I can't wait to see their adorable faces light up as they open their presents on Christmas morning.

5 comments:

  1. What great news! I'm so grateful all our prayers for you were answered. I know this will be a Christmas you'll always remember.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah! for hair and Christmas! I'm glad you're feeling a little better each day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. your hair looks awesome.

    (tell keith i'm sorry i blocked the driveway last night! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am behind on reading... I am SO happy about the pathology results!! That is exactly what I hoped for. And congrats on the fuzz. I bet it's a lot longer now!

    I want to come and see you again!

    ReplyDelete